同乐城88网址 www.mingyishoushu.net *YALSA has launched the new?Teen Book Finder Database, which is a one-stop shop for finding selected lists and award winners.? Users can search this free resource by award, list name, year, author, genre and more, as well as print customizable lists.? This new resource will replace the individual award and list web pages currently on YALSA’s site that are not searchable and that are organized only by year.
While these books and media have been selected for teens from 12 to 18 years of age, the award-winning titles and the titles on YALSA's selected lists span a broad range of reading and maturity levels. We encourage adults to take an active role in helping individual teens choose those books that are the best fit for them and their families. For recommended media, such as apps, visit the YALSAblog and ALA TechSource. Also, check out AASL's Best Websites for Teaching and Learning. For more in-depth information about library collections for and with teens, visit the Collections & Content Curation page on YALSA's wiki.
Learn more about each award below and read speeches from winners.
Learn more about YALSA's Book and Media Lists, including:
- Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- Teens' Top Ten
View Past Lists (that are currently inactive)
To suggest a title for YALSA's committees to consider, click on the link above for the particular award or list you're interested in.? Note: publishers and authors may not suggest a title and a nomination is only official when it is accepted and seconded by the committee.
Download bookmarks and other materials, as well as a full list of YALSA's best reading for teens as published each year, to promote teen reading in your community.
YALSA’s lists of recommended reading may be reproduced under "fair use" standards. As stated in Section 107 of The Copyright Act of 1976, factors to be considered shall include:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
Find more collection development resources on our wiki.? YALSA is part of the 同乐城88网址, which develops additional recommended reading resources of interest to library staff, educators and afterschool providers who serve teens:?
- ALA administers the Schneider Family Book Award
- The Association for Library Service to Children administers book awards and creates lists of recommended reading for pre-school and elementary aged youth, which can be accessed on their web site:
- ALA's EMEIRT administers the Coretta Scott King Award
- ALA's GLBT Round Table administers the Rainbow List
- ALA's SRRT administers the Amelia Bloomer Book List